About InM Training
InM training provides a unique opportunity for the professionals of financial institutions including MFIs to gain hands-on knowledge and skills on contemporary issues in the domain of inclusive finance. Since the inception of training activities in 2009, InM has trained more than 22,300 microfinance practitioners at the field and headquarters level.
The Institute puts special thrust on need-based customised training, which requires standard and integrated training modules rather than organising prototype training. InM takes trainees competence into account in designing training programmes. The thrust of professionalism is to ensure that the newest insights are offered to meet individual and organisational needs.
Presently, Advanced Financial Risk Management Training courses are onboard to cater the specific needs of MFIs to avert losses due to delinquency.
PKSF PARTNER ORGANISATIONS (POs) TRAINING
As part of capacity development initiatives, InM regularly organises different training programmes in the following areas for the PKSF-POs:
- Credit Operations and Institutional Management
- Financial Product Design and Diversification
- Advanced Microfinance Operations
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Internal Audit
- Strategic Planning for NGO-MFIs
- Microenterprise Management and Lending
- Value Chain Development
- MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise) Operations & Management
- Climate Change and Disaster Management
- Generic ToT etc.
More than 6000 microfinance professionals of PKSF-POs received training on the above subjects. The facilitators were mainly from InM and PKSF.
CUSTOMISED TRAINING DESIGNED FOR MFIs
Customised training programmes are carefully designed, prepared and carried out according to specific requirements of MFIs. Customised training courses pave the way for trainers to go that extra mile to get into the heart of the matter, something that is not available in standard books or training manuals. InM organises customised training courses both at national and international level.
Customised courses for mid to senior level staff members are as follows:
- Advanced Risk Management and Monitoring
- KPI (Key Performance Indicators)
- Microfinance Business Planning
- Product Development
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Building Workplace Attitude to upkeep the Morale of Staff Members.
Besides, training on Environmental Issues, WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene), Gender and Development, Digital Financing, and Financial Literacy are being offered.
The NGO-MFIs who have requested InM to design and conduct the especially designed customised courses are as follows:
SETU, Kushtia; BEES, Dhaka; Muslim Aid, Dhaka; DSK, Dhaka; RIC, Dhaka; CODEC, Chattogram; PADAKHEP, Dhaka; SOJAG, Dhaka; ISDCM, Dhaka; CDIP, Dhaka
MRA LICENSED MFIs TRAINING
Microcredit Regulatory Authority (MRA) is the central regulatory body established by the government to monitor and supervise microfinance operations in the country. InM conducts training programmes jointly with MRA as per needs of MFIs. The courses especially were in the following areas:
- Good Governance
- Microcredit Operations & Management
- Preparation and Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Financial Management
- Internal Control etc.
InM’s internship programme offers an excellent opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to work in the development sector and gather firsthand experience of working in a formal environment. Bright students from renowned universities from home and abroad enroll every year in the programme.
- Centre for Self-help Development (CSD), Nepal
- Ahon sa Hirap, Inc. (A Microfinance NGO), Philipines
- Banking, Finance and Insurance Institute of Nepal Limited (BFIN), Nepal
- China Association of Microfinance (CAM), China
- China Academy of Financial Research (CAFR), China
- China International Centre for Economic and Technical Exchanges (CICETE), China
- Beijing HuXinCheng Investment Management Centre, China
- Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
- International Federation of Training and Development Organisations (IFTDO), United Kingdom
- UTT Microfinance, Tanzania
- Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), Japan
- Shanghai Changing Oriental DongRong Online Co. Ltd.
- International Poverty Reduction Centre (IPRC), China. etc.
Note: Due to high demand of tailor-made/customised training, organisations are kindly requested to book their space at their earliest convenience. Interested NGO-MFIs may contact InM Training Division or could send email as follows:
Cell no: +88 01729-072881Tel: +88-02-8190224; Fax: +88-02-8190364, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,