The Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development (InM), an independent non-profit institution under the Societies Registration Act 1860, undertakes research, training, education, knowledge management and other programmes in priority areas including microfinance, inclusive finance, poverty and development. Currently, supported by Water.org, InM is implementing the WaterCredit Adoption programme (WCAD) for the partner MFIs through providing affordable loans for developing safe drinking water and improved sanitation facilities. Under the programme, the following vacancy is available on a temporary basis.
Position: Programme Manager
Contractual (initially for about one year)
Masters in any discipline (preferably in social sciences/public health engineering/related disciplines) from any recognised university
Minimum 10 years of experience in the microfinance sector/MFIs along with minimum five years of work experience in WASH programme management
Preferably below 60 years.
- Strong understanding of project design, planning and programme implementation and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills in Bangla and English
Dhaka (with extensive travel throughout Bangladesh)
The Programme Manager (PM) will be responsible for ensuring the achievements of the programme goals and efficient coordination of WaterCredit programme activities among InM programme management team, partner MFIs and the funding organisation (Water.org)
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong relationship with partner MFIs in order to achieve the target goals of the project;
- Manage the entire project in close collaboration with the donor, InM project team and other stakeholders.
- Assist InM management to develop project strategies and implementation plans.
- Conduct regular partner monitoring which will include regular phone calls and field visits, and deliver continuous technical support and services to the MFI partners based on needs;
- Follow up and monitor the progress of works and provide necessary guidance to the partner MFIs to ensure quality;
- Collect regular monthly portfolio report from the MFIs and assist in sharing the consolidated report to the funding organisation;
- Prepare project reports and documents as per donor’s and authority’s requirement.
- Facilitate, organise and conduct different meetings, trainings and workshops in collaboration with relevant stakeholders;
- Develop project activity operational guidelines, modules, technical papers, IEC/BCC materials as per project requirement;
- Perform any other responsibilities as required by the project management of InM.
The Programme Manager will report to the Executive Director/InM Project Management Team. She/he will have to closely connected with Water.org team for proper guidance and reporting.
Compensation & Other Benefits
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email CV with a Cover letter at email@example.com within 30th June 2021.
InM is an equal employment opportunity provider. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview