Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development (InM)
Master’s degree in relevant area is required
At least 5/8 year (s)
- 5 years professional experience for Senior Assistant Director and 8 years for Deputy Director in the relevant field. Preference will be given to the candidate who has experience in illustration, report writing and MIS.
- Master degree in Mass Communication/Sociology/Development Studies/English or any relevant social science discipline with minimum three first classes/divisions or CGPA 3.25 and above from any recognized and reputed university.
- Demonstrated strong people management and leadership skills.
- Computer and MIS knowledge.
- Experience of programme design and website development is desirable.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Attractive salary as per organisation’s rule plus 60% of basic salary as house rent; medical allowance, health insurance, children’s education allowances and other benefits.
BDjobs.com Online job Posting
Position Title, Location & Contract Duration
Senior Assistant Director/Deputy Director, Knowledge Management Division of Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development (InM)
One (1) position, based at InM Dhaka Office
|I. Job Summary:|
|The Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development (InM) is functioning since 1 January 2016 (previously known as Institute of Microfinance) as a non-profit organisation established primarily to meet the research and training needs of national as well as global financial sector including microfinance institutions (MFIs). Its predecessor, Institute of Microfinance, was established at the initiative of the Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) on 1 November 2006. The InM is registered as an independent non-profit institution under the Societies Registration Act 1860. The Institute works for developing the overall capacity of the financial sector and strengthening the links between the financial and real sectors through undertaking research, training, education, knowledge management and other programmes in priority areas including microfinance, inclusive finance, poverty and development.
The position will be responsible to the Executive Director for the overall delivery of the KnM division activities. In order to strengthen the Knowledge Management Division, InM intends to recruit a competent person with good academic and professional attainment and extensive research experience, who will be responsible for coordination and management of Knowledge Management Division. S/he will work independently and will be accountable to the Executive Director for the all activities.
|Responsibilities and Task:|
|Responsibility # 1: Development of Knowledge sharing system for dissemination of acquired knowledge within and outside the institute.|
· Assesses knowledge management needs for the institute.
· Developing strategies to meet those needs.
· Leading the knowledge Management team to ensure the design, development and deployment of effective Knowledge Management system for the institute.
· Yearly Budget and work plan for the Division.
· Event Budget and Work Plan.
· Support to develop policies and strategies for the department.
· Engage in a specific interaction with the Research unit in order to translate key research into institutional knowledge and information.
· Design, development and deployment of effective Knowledge Management system for the institute.
· Disseminate and share information.
· Maintaining Media Relations and Advocacy related activities.
· Maintain the Media Archive of the Institute.
|Responsibility # 2: Publications
|· Providing leadership in editing of Research Reports, Working Papers, Research Briefs and other Publications of the Institute like brochure, Annual Report, newsletters.
· Write, edit, design, Illustration and publish various publications of the institute like brochure, Annual report, newsletters, Working papers and other periodicals.
· Providing leadership in translating documents from English to Bangla and vice versa.
· Providing leadership in preparing abstract/summery/Policy Briefs from different Research Reports.
· Ensuring publication of working papers on time and regularly.
· Dissemination of InM publications both through online and offline.
|Responsibility # 3:Develop data management|
|· Maintaining the institutional dataset of its different research projects.|
|Responsibility # 4: Event management|
|· Organizing national seminars, conferences, workshops, dialogues and other regular events of the Institute to disseminate acquired knowledge among the partners and stakeholders.|
|Responsibility # 5: Library management|
|· Providing leadership in building the physical and Virtual Library system of the institute along with the online journal subscription process.|
|Responsibility # 6:Financial Inclusion Network in Bangladesh (FIN-B) (An initiative of InM)|
|· Writing and collecting relevant write-ups for regular yearly publication of FIN-B.
· Coordinate and manage the core activities of FIN-B.
· Ensure membership management and networking under the FIN-B platform.
· Other activities as per requirement of FIN-B and as advised by the competent Authority.
|This job description may be reviewed at any time according to the needs of the organisation.|
|II. Reporting to:|
|Reporting to the Executive Director, InM|
|III. Working condition:
|Based at InM Dhaka Office|
|IV. Qualification and Experience:|
|· 5 years professional experience for Senior Assistant Director and 8 years for Deputy Director in the relevant field. Preference will be given to the candidate who has experience in print media, report writing and MIS.
· Master degree in Mass Communication/Sociology/Development Studies/English or any relevant social science disciplines with minimum three first classes/divisions or CGPA 3.25 and above from any recognized and reputed university.
· Demonstrated strong people management and leadership skills.
· Computer and MIS knowledge.
· Experience of program design and development desirable.
|V. Core Competencies:|
|· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bangla.
· Strong team leadership, able to build relationships between teams.
· Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning.
· Proactive and participatory decision-making and problem-solving.
· Stress tolerance and positive coping strategies.
Attractive salary as per organisation’s rule plus 60% of basic salary as house rent; medical allowance, health insurance, children’s education allowances and other benefits.
How to Apply
Application with CV, recent photograph and details of two referees should be addressed to:
Administration & HR, Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development (InM), PKSF Bhaban,E-4/B, Agargaon, Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207 or firstname.lastname@example.org or before 12 July 2018
- InM is an equal employment opportunity provider.
- Any persuasion will disqualify the candidates.
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview