1st International FIN-B Financial Inclusion Conference and Inclusion Fair 2019
The 1st FIN-B International Conference will be organised during 30-31 July 2019 with the participation of different stakeholders (including representatives of financially excluded individuals and enterprises) and marginalised sections of society. The knowledge acquired from different stakeholders will help innovate new pathways to promote the financial inclusion agenda. The Conference will give significant opportunities of cross learning across the diverse audience covering policy makers, financial experts, practitioners, academicians, and the people at large over many complex issues and challenges facing financial inclusion for all.
The papers, selected for presentation in the conference, may be published (if necessary, in abridged form) in Fin-Biz, the flagship journal of FIN-B.
There is much to be learned through voices from the deprived sections – what precludes them from getting financially included and what actions and policies are needed to facilitate their access to affordable financial products and services which will be delivered responsively and sustainably. The Conference will act as a national platform to discuss financial inclusion challenges, identify innovative solutions, and share experiences among the representatives across all stakeholders covering both demand and supply side issues.
The following themes are recommended for preparing the conference papers:
- Financial Inclusion Landscape in Bangladesh: Strength and Weaknesses
- Bangladesh’s Current State of Financial Inclusion: Barriers and Disparities
- Regulatory and Policy Frameworks: Challenges and Opportunities
- Technological Innovations, Agent Banking and Digital Financial Services
- Designing Business Models for Financial Inclusion: Innovative Approaches and Success Cases
- Measuring Financial Inclusion in Bangladesh: Indicators and Data Sources—Diversities and Complexities
- Role of FIN-B: Enhancing Relevance and Effectiveness
Venue: 3D Seminar Hall, Krishibid Institution Bangladesh, Farmgate, Dhaka.